Sunday, August 12, 2012

Riding Buddies

I had the pleasure of cycling regularly with 3 other great guys - Brad Kuik, Dirk Plug and David Lewis.  We rode for 3 summers together, mostly every Saturday morning, and most Wednesday mornings.  Brad and Dirk have incredible determination and a 'never-say-die' attitude, and when putting them on a bike, every ride becomes a race in the last 5km.  Dave and myself often made up the numbers, often anchoring the group at the rear.  Any time I had ambitions to get to the front for a few km, I soon found out that I was playing with the 'big boys,' and was immediately shot out the back.

Guys, it was great spending many mornings, drinking fresh coffee and eating freshly baked muffins at Brad's house (Kristy: thanks for making muffins for 4 smelly, lycra clad guys every week).  Also, thanks for putting up with me in lycra - not the best look I am sure.

Cheers guys.  Great memories.  In 30 years time, when Brad's in a retirement home and in a wheelchair, I'll have a better chance of beating him.


No comments:

Post a Comment